Saturday 13 July 2013

Sandy Toes And Salty Hair

There's no greater feeling than having the warmth of the sun radiate throughout you're body. Sinking my toes into the sand and feeling an endless sense of freedom. A day at Baffu Bay was just what the doctor ordered! My family and I couldn't have been more happy to spend a relaxing day at the beach. Body surfing waves and swimming through the Ocean washed away every worry with soothing salty water. It was at that same beach that my grandfather sat under an Indian Almond tree and received a vision that can only be described through God..the vision to build African Bible Colleges. My grandfather saw the need for a Christian University to train up ambassadors for Christ in helping spread the gospel throughout Africa. I felt as if I was standing on Holy ground, this is where it all began. God speaks to us in miraculous ways and the peaceful aroma of the beach was where the the great unraveling of ABC all began and who would of known so many more good things were only yet to come. My grandfather showed genuine faith in action and it's been God in constant motion throughout all these years. 
Grammy and Grampys love for the ocean is something I have inherited from them. One of Gods many beautiful creations that has been a love in my life. Although the beach house my dad grew up loving is gone..the one thing that still remains is the Indian Almomd Tree.  This is a reminder from God that He is still present after  all the years of hard ache and war. He can fix any kind of brokenness and I have great faith God will restore every broken heart in Liberia. Please pray for Liberia. "Faith in action God in motion"-my grandfather. 

-Annabelle  

The beach house that my Dad and his family built and would stay in twice a year.

The infamous Indian Almond Tree is to the left of our family.

When building the house Grampy couldn't find rocks to mix in with the cement. He improvised by using shells. Their old doorway is still lined with sea shells to this day.



No comments:

Post a Comment