Friday 5 July 2013

Radio ABC 95.7 Liberia

I had the great privilege of observing and meeting with the staff members of Radio ABC Liberia.  I couldn't be more excited to visit the birth place of Radio ABC.  This place holds so much meaning to my family - especially my grandparents who founded the ministry in Liberia.  Radio ABC began long before the college was even finished being built in Yekepa.  During the first few years, while the college was being built, ABC did not have a recording studio.  My grandparents would have to travel 2 and half hours by train, then another 2 hours by car to Monrovia where they would produce Bible College By Radio at ELWA (Everlasting Love Winning Africa).  They did this every 2 to 3 months.

I was able to witness first-hand what is being done at the station today.  It is a brand new facility.  Some of the rooms are still being built, the main classroom in the building's right wing is just as big as our EE building in Malawi, and the station has a computer lab, three studios, and a recording room. 

 I worked on the station's board report with the station manager, Emery Ghicard and the Dean of Mass Communications Maxwell Gausi.  This station has great potential, and I believe it has an incredible ministry.  The signal is so strong, it reaches into Guinea, and even as far as some villages in Ivory Coast.  ABC is so blessed to have Emery and Maxwell working in Mass Comm.  And I have faith God will do some great things here with the students and staff at ABCU.

Today Emery requested to interview me on the radio, just to discuss what Radio ABC is doing in Liberia.  It was the first time I've spoken on the radio in years.

Emery

Equipment a little over a year old.

My interview with Emery, the station manager.
Johnson Geeko, an ABC graduate who now works at the local hospital and volunteers at the station on week nights.
Radio ABC Liberia

No comments:

Post a Comment